Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Two Doctor Visits in Two Days for Two Kids

Yesterday, Isaac had his 2-week follow-up visit from his last respiratory virus. He was also scheduled to get some shots that he wasn't able to get last time. Again, are my kids ever WELL on their well visits?? Isaac had developed a cough and runny nose again on Sunday night (which meant Scott and I didn't sleep very much Sunday or Monday, since Isaac was up coughing during the wee small hours of the morning). He just never seems to get well for long anymore. The doctor listened to his lungs, and thankfully she didn’t hear any significant wheezing. She told me to keep doing one steroid breathing treatment at night until he gets completely better (which might be until summer).

Yesterday afternoon after preschool, Caleb came home, had a snack, and went to bed for a nap. He woke up about an hour later just really upset and crying uncontrollably. He wouldn’t calm down and go back to sleep even though I could tell he was still tired. Finally he came out to the living room and he fell asleep in Scott’s arms! Scott was amazed—it’s been a LONG time since we’ve held Caleb while he’s sleeping!

When he woke up, I could tell he had a little fever. About an hour later, he started crying and said that his ear hurt. He wouldn’t eat anything for dinner. We had some medicated ear drops from a previous ear infection, so Scott put those in. We were also able to get him to take some Children's Tylenol later, which is amazing since normally Caleb either puts up a big fight or he's unable to keep it down.

Scott and I braced ourselves for a long night, but everything ended up going really well, praise God! Isaac slept straight through the night in his own crib until 5:45!! (That's a HUGE deal for us!) And Caleb only woke up once at about 4:30. He must have been having some weird fever dreams, because he kept telling me to "turn it off" but then wasn't sure what "it" was. I got him back in bed and back to sleep until 8:00

We have a doctor appointment for Caleb today at 1:30. Two visits to the doctor in two days.


On a lighter note, I got a cute picture of Isaac yesterday.

And here he is trying to sit down on the stairs (but he's not quite tall enough!):

(For curious minds, that is the back of a Mr. Potato Head toy that he's holding, and that's "Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See?" on the floor!)

1 comment:

Robin said...

I know what you mean about the kids always being sick. Just about to post the same thing on blog! Ha!