Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Isaac and Sara's Birthday Party

On Saturday, we celebrated Isaac's first birthday and Sara's eleventh birthday, since they are only a few days apart. Much fun was had by all. :)

We kept things very low-key. It was just family over to our house for brunch (as close as I can get to breakfast at Tiffany's). We had quiche, muffins, lots of fruit, fruit dip, bagels and cream cheese, OJ, and coffee. I even found some organic sparkling apple cider (I got a whole bottle at Kroger for 50 cents!) to serve in lieu of champagne. ;) Everyone pitched in and helped.

I remember for Caleb's first birthday, I made Veggie Tales cakes (one Bob cake and one Larry cake). But I knew that my picky Caleb wouldn't touch cake anyway, so I didn't bother with making him a special "baby cake." Well, Isaac will eat just about anything (especially if it's on the floor, but that's another story), so I decided to make him a special egg-free cake that he could enjoy by himself. Well, it was a flop! I made it late Friday night, and I cut into it Saturday morning and saw that it didn't even get cooked all the way through AND it will still hard as a rock! If anyone has a good "baby's first birthday cake" recipe, do share! The one I found for this Apple Spice cake was a definite no go! The bite I tried was so gross--I could still taste it an hour later. The whole thing landed in the trash can. Oh, well. Isaac didn't care. I ended up letting him try some ice cream. :)

Mom and Dad got some cute pics. Here is Isaac opening a gift from Rodney, Susan, Sara, and Matthew.
















Here is Caleb making a really goofy face!
















This is Sara blowing out her 11 candles.
















And since I've been getting a lot of flack from some of you (ahem! Robin!) about not having any pics of me on my site, here is one of me and Isaac.

2 comments:

Robin said...

So glad you put a picture up. I literally picture you from when we were younger when I think about you. You look great. Love the hair color or is that your natural color? I thought you were blonde!?

Tiffany said...

LOL--that's my natural hair color. I am technically still a "dirty" blonde, I think, but it does look really dark in that picture. Compared to my boys, I look like a brunette!