Wednesday, February 25, 2009

An Update; Scenes

It's been hard to find the time to post lately. Here's what's going down in our world:

Caleb still has the flu. He is acting pretty normal, but he still has some, er, stomach problems. I really thought he'd be able to go back to school yesterday, and I was really looking forward to having some almost-alone time while he was away, but he woke up sick again. (Dear reader, I hope you appreciate these euphemisms! I certainly don't want to gross out those who read this with their morning cup of coffee.)

As of Monday night, Scott seems to have some version of the flu as well. He's been having headaches, feeling achy and nauseous, and has no appetite. He ate 3 crackers yesterday, and that's all he could stomach.

So, today I am very grateful that Isaac and I are relatively well and I am able to take care of the family. We have been through worse.

*****************************************
Isaac is learning new words every week. Here are the words he says well and often:
  • Baba (his name for Caleb)
  • Dada
  • Mama
  • Isaac
  • Bye or Bye-Bye (accompanied by a wave)
  • This
  • Bah (for ball--he calls it out repeatedly while wandering the house in search of balls)
  • Ba (for bath--he says it while walking toward the bath tub)
  • Chee (for cheese--this is a new one--he adores shredded cheese and says this when he wants more)
  • Uh oh
  • Bah-puh (for Boppy, meaning he wants to nurse)
  • Ba-oo (another new one--for balloon)
He used to say "hi," but he rarely says it anymore so I've nixed it from the list. I heard him putting 3 different consonant sounds together yesterday, and he's learned "Juh," "Guh," and "Cuh" sounds. He also says something that sounds like "Thanks."

*****************************************
Caleb was leaving with Scott last week to run an errand, and Isaac and I were standing at the door to the garage waving good-bye. Scott called Caleb over to the driveway and pointed up to the sky. "Look! There are two jets up there!"

Caleb said, "Awww, they best friends! They fly together!"

Then he looked at me and said, "Mommy, they best friends just like we best friends." He ran over and gave me a big hug.

******************************************
As I was typing this, Isaac found the TV remote on the table. He picked it up, studied it for a few moments, and started pushing buttons. He was standing right in front of the TV when he hit the power button. The TV came to life with a loud noise, and Isaac jumped about 2 feet in the air (not really) and came running to me.

******************************************
If Isaac finds something he wants me to have, he will grab my hand, open it so that it's palm-up, and place the item in my hand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just had to go back & look at the slides from Christmas & birthdays to see my 'healthy' kids! Geez! I know it's tough having little ones not feeling well. ..Great going with Isaac & his talking! :)Another instance where the 2 are not so alike as they appeared in the beginning.
Take care & God bless