Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Another Jesus?

This morning we were listening to Veggie Tales music--Bob and Larry's Sunday Morning Songs. One of the songs on there is "Down in My Heart," and it goes like this:
I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart
Down in my heart to stay!
And I'm so happy, so very happy
I have the love of Jesus in my heart
Caleb looked at me and said, "Why does he have two Jesuses?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"He said that he has another Jesus in his heart! How can there be two?"

I thought for a second, then I started laughing. "He said that he has the love of Jesus in his heart, not another Jesus! There's only one Jesus, honey."

"Oh. That's good!" he replied.

1 comment:

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

HA!! That's so cute! I love when kids mess up song lyrics.

Jack actually does that frequently too - the other day, we were listening to the radio and Jack was singing along to Gretchen Wilson's "I'm here for the party," and I heard him sing "I'm here for the money." He just thought she was there for the money!

Also, the first time he sang "You are my sunshine" to me, he sang "you make me happy when I am sad" instead of "when skies are grey" which made the end not rhyme, and he was all confused. Since then, he's been singing it wrong on purpose because I like his version best. :)