Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Yea, Mommy!

On Sunday night, I was running late to Awana. Yes, this happens often! Sundays are just jam-packed for us. We are at church in the morning from 9 until a little after 1, then we come home, eat, try to get Caleb to take a nap, try to get Isaac to take a nap, make sure I have everything ready for Awana, etc. Before we know it, it's time to leave for church again! Don't get me wrong, I love Sundays and I love serving at my church. I just always end up trying to cram too much into one day!

Anway, we were running late. Scott stayed home with Isaac, who was still napping. I finally got Caleb out the door and we arrived at church about 4:50. Awana starts at 5:00, so I didn't have time to take Caleb to his class before Awana started. So I took Caleb upstairs with me, gave him a ball to play with, and told him that Mommy was going to talk to the boys and girls for a few minutes, and to play quietly in the side of the room. I got Awana started as usual--pledges to the American flag and the Awana flag, announcements, and dismissal to their handbook groups. Caleb waited patiently and watched me, holding on to the ball.

When I was finished and the kids were leaving the room, I went over to Caleb. He held my hand as I led him to the back of the room to get his backpack. He looked up at me, wonder in his eyes, and said, "Mommy, you did a good job with the kids!"

Now that is adorable. My son, the encourager. I think I smiled (inwardly, at least!) for the rest of the night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it. I'm sure his comment made your day, (it did mine) and gives you something to remember when he has a less than perfect day.