Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Late Night Trip to Wally World

Tomorrow is pajama day at preschool. That meant that I had to run out to Wal-Mart tonight after the kids got in bed so I could get him some respectable pajamas. Scott won't let him go out in his current pajamas because they are getting too small. Unfortunately, all Wal-Mart had were short-sleeved pajamas in his size (5T), so Caleb will have to wear a shirt underneath his pajamas tomorrow.

The other reason I went to Wal-Mart tonight was to get some Cascade. Word to the wise: don't ever try Palmolive Eco+ dishwashing detergent!! Oh my gosh, that stuff has ruined our dishes. I bought it because I saw that it was phosphate-free, which is good for the environment, and it was cheaper than Cascade. But I admit that I did not read the back of the bottle well enough! When Scott started using the Palmolive, I kept asking, "What's that smell? Something smells like bleach." Surely this "eco-friendly" detergent didn't have bleach in it! But oh yes, it did.

I decided to live with the bleach smell until the bottle I bought ran out. But then after a few loads, I noticed that all of my black serving utensils have white film on them. And today, almost everything that we pulled out of the dishwasher came out with food still stuck on it. I'd had it! It's time to revert back to good ol' phosphate-laden Cascade, and Palmolive will be getting an email from an unsatisfied customer!

No comments: