Saturday, January 24, 2009

25 Random Things

I was tagged by a couple of people on Facebook, so I'm supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about myself. I'm following Mandy's lead and posting them on my blog as well. :)

1. Like my sister, I'm legally blind, but I'm 20/20 with contacts.
2. I'm "double-jointed" in my shoulders (really there is no such thing, but you get my meaning). Basically, I can jump rope with my arms.
3. I get upset when my husband wastes water when he's doing dishes or shaving, but then I take really long, hot showers. Yup, I'm a hypocrite!
4. I think that Charlie and Chocolate Factory (the old one) is incredibly scary. I also get scared of the flying monkeys in The Wizard of Oz.
5. I love the way my son says "hangleberger" instead of "hamburger."
6. I used to want enough kids so I could have my own soccer team. Sometimes I still want a whole bunch. Then I think about being out of the workplace for that long, and I panic.
7. Teaching kids about Christ is one of my absolute favorite things to do.
8. I was going to move to New York on my own in January 2003, but my plans changed when I started dating Scott and we got engaged in December 2002.
9. Both of our cars are paid for, and we're very proud of that (granted, my truck is almost 11 years old, but it still runs fine)!
10. I had my gall bladder removed when I was 22.
11. I believe in co-sleeping, babywearing, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, and all sorts of other things I thought were crazy before I had kids of my own.
12. I quit my Master's degree in technical writing halfway through because one day during class, I found myself arguing passionately about the proper use of a colon. I figured it was time to reevaluate my life.
13. I look forward to the kids getting older so we can travel again. Next domestic stop: Washington, D.C. Next overseas trip: Italy!
14. I really like Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong. Listening to them makes me want to think, write, and drink coffee.
15. I wish I'd learned how to play chess when I was young.
16. I played clarinet and bass clarinet in band, but I should have picked something else. I always hated the taste of the reed. Even thinking about a reed now makes my mouth feel funny. (But my cool big sis played the clarinet, and of course I wanted to be just like her!)
17. I have sensory issues. I can't stand to touch things like velvet, fleece, velour, and other supposedly "soft" things. They give me the heebie-jeebies.
18. I don't like to be really late, but I don't like to be early. I like things to be in full swing when I get there.
19. I am incredibly pleased that I was able to pass down dimples to at least one kid. Isaac has one really big dimple on his right cheek. :)
20. When my blog grows up, I want it to be just like MckMama's blog.
21. I'm still not sure what I want to be when I grow up. Lately I've been thinking about going into the medical field.
22. My hair was really long and naturally straight. Then I had kids, and it got all wavy. I cut it short because I thought it would be easier, but I hate it and am trying to grow it back out again! (Moms, don't fall for the "short hair is easier" trap!!)
23. I like historical fiction. (Katherine by Anya Seton is my fav.)
24. I married my husband 2 days before his 30th birthday (I was 25).
25. It took an insane amount of time to think of 25 interesting things about me.

2 comments:

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

"When my blog grows up, I want it to be just like MckMama's blog." Me too!!

And I think your hair is very cute.

Anonymous said...

Your the only 'real' person that I know who uses cloth diapers =)

We used them most of the time. I have to admit here and there we used disposies from Kushies.

Blessings,
Linda<><
www.homeschooling6.com