Monday, August 24, 2009

Li'l Swimmer

Caleb had about 2 weeks of swimming lessons in late July/early August. It started out like this:


















(Sorry, Ms. Laura, I know that's not the most flattering picture for you!) He learned how to blow bubbles in the water and had to conquer his fear of going underwater.


He never cried, but he did whine "I want Mommy!" a few times during the first lesson. But I think even the first lesson he ultimately enjoyed.


















By the second week of lessons (this time with Ms. Tabby), he was really having a good time. He's not a natural swimmer by any means, but he made good progress. He still tries to "swim vertically," as you can see in the picture below, and he doesn't want to put his face down in the water.



















But he'll do it when coerced. Here he is getting a toy from the bottom of the pool.



















And here he is on his last day of lessons. I'm not sure who was prouder--Caleb or me!


















I wish we had time for more lessons, but scheduling things in August is just too hard for me. Next year I'll be sure to get him in lessons in June!

1 comment:

Meme & Papa said...

Way to go Caleb!!